Friday 29 July 2011

Less is More

I'm really mixed up with all these posts. I think I wrote this in the first week, but it got lost in the Zanzibari interwebs.


Less shampoo, less food, less detergent. Less shampoo means a faster bucket bathing experience (no more tears!), less food down the hatch means less out the... (less sleepyness too), and as for less detergent - today was interesting. I somehow agreed to washing my clothes this morning. I was told that someone 'washed the family' once a week because it can be hard, but that I was welcome to try myself. This confused me because I had seen the kids run out of the bathroom in a towel yesterday. Quick to avoid being washed, I instead found myself washing clothes. The detergent smells exactly like the raspberry-esque effervescence that accompanies Dukoral. For those of you that have travelled to places with high cholera prevalence before, I need not explain. For the rest of you, I strongly encourage the aforementioned travel with all of the necessary medical precautions taken. This stuff is strong - both the Dukoral and the detergent. Put too much and it'll never wash out. Less is more.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on the Tigo Tanzania Network

No comments:

Post a Comment