Thursday 4 August 2011

A Little Rant

I said I wouldn't complain about the bugs, but here goes. Last night I got back late from ziff and fell asleep in my clothes. It seems there were a few mosquitoes stuck in my jeans because today was... painful to say the least. I have so many bites in places I can't see and places I would never dream of using bug spray. To be honest, I don't even own bug spray or a mosquito net.

Two more have moved into my house. Actually, they were always around here during the day I just thought they left at night. Lizards. Two geckos live in my wardrobe. I don't actually have the key to it - apparently Bw. Sallum's sister keeps some stuff safe in there. But the geckos have found a way in through the back. For those that are unfamiliar, these little guys are neon green, and have super sticky feet - not that I've touched one, but they run all over the ceilings all the time, hiding indoors from the harsh sun outside. Generally though, they leave at night. (To eat?) My guys, not so much. 


(I learned not to tell my mama about a gecko or she'll kill it. I also learned that if you kill a gecko, its tail lives on...)

On a different note, that wasn't a Turtles chocolate in my shoe. (There is no chocolate here!? There are beans but no chocolate bars.) The gooey crunch was the same, but of course, it was actually a roach. Today's lesson: don't leave anything crawl-in-able on the floor. 


And these ants! I don't know how they do it, but everytime I see them they are in single file line zigzagging around my entire room. And everytime I see them, I lysol their path but within a few hours they return to the exact same path. I've even tried leaving obstacles like chairs or little blobs of intensely strong citrus hand sanitizer. The little buggers just dodge them and continue.

Paka (Cats): They're everywhere in town. They usually sleep during the day and then fight (or mate! :O) at night. They like to eat my shoes.
Majogoo (Roosters): I see them everywhere in town. There were two in the house yesterday. Today I ate chicken curry. And it was delicious :D
Also, I had to dodge a donkey on my way to school this morning. Someone left it to eat grass on the side of the street and I guess I looked tasty too because it tried to follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment